Monday 28 April 2014

Frosty Forecast

It appears I've planted everything way too early.  Forecast is for frost at the end of the week and even a clueless gardener like me knows that's not good!

I'm trying to prepare for this so that I don't lose my whole garden at the first hurdle.  The pots can go in the garage at night and I'll take them out again in the morning.  It's a pain in the backside - I have a lot of pots - but at least I have a chance of saving the plants.

The strawberry plant, on the other hand, is in the round so it's not possible to put that in the garage.  As part of a moving in present, gran gave me a sort of net umbrella for covering food when we're eating outside.  So I think i'll use that to cover the strawberry at night and can then take it off in the morning to let the sun get at it.

I'm not sure about the rest of the plants in the flower bed,  I'll just have to hope for the best and see what happens.

I don't think I'm the only one who has made the rooky error of planting out at the first glimmer of sunshine!  Grandpa never planted anything until mid May and even then it was only the hardiest of plants.  Must resist next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment